Throughout these last years, countless, outstanding and restless youth have founded charities, raised money, and dedicated time and money to volunteer all around the world: we thank them for their will of support, honesty, transparency, respect and love for our planet and human beings!
Today, at the edge of our 7 years of life and just at one year from our Geneva Youth Days in May 2013, we are willing to remind you all the achievements of our Youth For Public Transport network, so unique and special, so well merging emotion and technology, quite a rare combination at these Times!
Since 2007, we are accompanying local communities through a more sustainable living in
- Created 6 Youth Parliament involving 100 young people, undertaken local actions in Italy, Germany, Finland, Austria, UK, France with Public Transport Operators, Authorities , Colleges and Universities, as a consequences of it.
- 7 Ambassadors of Public Transport nominated
- Created 4 Youth Labs coming out with 6 innovative Projects to revolutionize Public Transport, some of them being under development by interested Operators and same on implementation
- Realized 4 Flash Mobs on the interest of Public Transport
- Generated dozen of newspapers and video actions
- Unesco and International Organizations joint actions.
In the Asia – Pacific Region, We:
- Created 4 Youth Parliaments , involving 100 young people , undertaken actions in Taiwan, India, Nepal, Russia, Lebanon, Australia
- 17 Ambassadors of Public Transport nominated since 2009
- 1 Contest for best projects in Russia
- Dozen of articles on the Indian Newspapers
- 5 Flash Mobs on the interest of Public Transport
- 1 participation to a EU Project
- Several sustainable actions to promote PT and cycling in Nepal
- Schools, Universities and specialized Institutes of management involved
- Papers for international Conferences presented as Ambassadors of Public Transport
- Video spots
In the Africa Region, We:
- Created 1 Youth Parliament
- 1 Ambassador of Public Transport nominated
- Radio and newspapers interviews
- College and Universities involvements
In Latin America and North America Region, We:
- Created 5 Youth Parliaments with 100 young people involved
- 8 Ambassadors of Public Transport nominated
- 8 Flash Mobs organized in 2 years time on the interest of Public Transport
- Several interviews with Medias (radio, TV, newspapers)
- Local actions undertaken in Colombia, Mexico, Brazil and Canada, Uruguay, Argentina with Media Authorities and local Operators
- Video and graphics of the group created in Mexico, Colombia and Canada
- 2 international contests and Awards on promotion of PT
- Encounters with the press, press conferences, interactions with local authorities and national and international organizations (Vanguardia Latina, OCDE, Impacto.org , )
- Colleges and universities involvement
Each person, each activity, each continuous effort is so unique and special, we are proud you are part of Y4PT and we’d like you to join our cheer, our involvement throughout the world, every day, and especially during our future Geneva Y4PT Youth Days!
Stay tuned, more info, very soon!!